Published July, 2016
It’s winter time here in Newcastle, NSW and even though I love wearing my fav jeans, boots and scarves. I find the only way I can really stay warm in winter is wearing hats and beanies.
Gorgeous woolen hat I grab at the last Raid My Wardrobe for $5
The only problem is I hate suffering from bad hair once I am inside and need to take my hat off. So, I have found a way to keep warm and also look stylish this winter by wearing a headscarf.
To be honest, I was a little nervous to try this but after I googled and looked through a number of tutorials I felt a lot more confident.
Googling headscarf images
I chose a light cotton scarf to wear and a colour I loved and just copied one of the styles I liked and made it up as I went. Bonus was I felt warm all day and I didn’t have to do my hair that morning.
My first headscarf attempt using op shopped scarf
The best things I love about head scarfs is they:
- Can be worn all seasons – silk scarves in summer, light woolen scarves in winter.
- Keep you warm in winter – great alternative to wearing hats or beanies.
- Hide bad hair days – no need to worry about re-washing or blow drying your hair.
- Look stylish – add style or a pop of colour to a simple outfit.
- Lots of variety – so many colours, styles, shapes, textures and fabrics to choose from.
- Affordable – op shops are overstocked with scarves from as little as $1 -$2.
Yours in all things preloved,