It is time to talk signage.
You are taking so much time and effort to organise and prepare your garments that you want to ensure they are advertised well so that all shoppers your size stop at your stall.
Big signs advertising clothing sizes, shoe sizes and brands names is a must!
We cannot emphasise how important signage is? We have had ladies in the past leave the event saying ‘I couldn’t find any clothes or shoes my size.’ As our stallholders are hand-picked we always ensure that we have a full range of sizes, brands and styles at each event – 6 – 20+ clothing and 5 – 11 shoes.
The signage only needs to be simple and low cost:
- Use chalkboards, pinboards or cardboard.
- Write with thick black texta use large, neat writing.
- Have signs with clothing sizes on your racks so shoppers can go straight to their size and find something they like straight away.
- A trick with chalk boards – soak the chalk in a glass of water for 5 mins then write with the wet chalk – at first it looks transparent but wait until it dries and you have bold, clear lettering.
- Have signs made up to display in the last hour of the market with discounted prices ‘ Everything half price’ or ‘2 items for $5’ etc.
Source your noticeboards from:
- Family and Friends
- Secondhand Dealers
- Op Shops
- Social Media Buy Swap Sell Sites
- Hire Services
- Make it
- Buy New
For those that have the eBook, we go into further detail with signage and display.
This weekend start organising your signage – message friends who may have a notice board or two or make some signs using large op shop picture frames.