Last Easter I decluttered my wardrobe to discover I owned 19 pairs of jeans!!!!! And so I asked myself the question ‘How many pairs of jeans are too many to own?’
So, I set myself a challenge – to wear a different pair of jeans each day and decide which ones stay and which ones go you can read the full blog post here. It has been fun meeting some of you from the Raid My Wardrobe community and having chats with you about the jean challenge. I have also loved the voting that took place to help me decide which to go and which to stay!
So after wearing a different pair of jeans each day this is what I came to discover:
– some jeans I thought looked good on me actually didn’t
– not all jean styles suit all body types and skinny jeans suit me best
– I love jeans that have stretch in them (a lot of my 100% denim ones went) especially in winter when your body puts on a few extra kilos you need that bit of stretch and the stiff, hard denim types I just don’t really want to wear them, too uncomfortable.
– on an average week I really only have 3 pairs of jeans on rotation – the others I have for special occasions (which just so proves that we do only really need a few pairs that look good on us).
– jeans that were too small for me, though they were designer ones I let them go. Cause if I can’t wear them what’s the use of feeling guilty about not fitting into them each time I open my cupboard. And with jeans so cheap at op shop I can go and grab another designer pair for $20 that actually fit nicely.
So here are the final results:
10 pairs stayed and 9 pairs went!
The 10 pairs that stayed consist of:
2 x white jeans
2 x black jeans (one with rips)
1 x dark denim
1 x light denim
1 x charcoal
2 x mid blue (one with rips)
1 x bleached patches
So how did you go with the #jeanchallenge Did you cull your collection?
Next thing to tackle is my boot collection!!! Does one really need to own 12 pairs of boots???
Much much love