I’m also looking forward to revamping my wardrobe with some ‘new’ preloved items. We are so privileged here in Newcastle to have this awesome event so let’s embrace the sustainable fashion trend green is the new black.
Today I’m sharing our top 5 reasons why I’m so passionate about preloved fashion:
1. It’s really good for the environment – if clothes were not handed down, reused, preloved over and over again they would just end up in landfill.
2. It saves you lots of money – and who doesn’t love a bargain! You can buy high-end/high street fashion brands at a fifth of the price you’d pay for new.
3. You find unique items that no one else has – discover original vintage, unique overseas labels, handknitted items from someone’s grandmother. I love when someone asks to me, ‘Ohh…I love your bag/skirt/jacket/shoes, where did you get them? Let me guess, Raid My Wardrobe.’ You guessed it!
4. Lots of great quality to choose from – find items made from quality workmanship made to last from materials like pure cotton, rayon, silk, wool or leather with little mass produced, fast fashion items made from synthetic fibres.
5. It’s the thrill of the hunt – finding that pure silk evening gown circa 1960, those perfect fitting cowboy boots, a hand-knitted pure wool jumper or the pristine condition Prada handbag. And then sharing your finds with friends afterwards. Priceless. Good for your soul and the planet.
Yours in all things preloved,